Fremont students in grades 3-8 will be participating in the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment beginning Tuesday, March 14. The PARCC assessment is the required assessment for the State of Illinois.
You can help your child do his/her best on the test by:
• Making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on the days of testing;
• Making sure your child gets a good night's sleep the night before testing;
• Providing breakfast on the mornings of testing;
• Letting your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability;
• Advising your child not to worry about the test and to do the best that he/she can.
The PARCC assessment is fully aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for English language arts and math. All Fremont students will be taking the online version of PARCC. Testing dates for grades 3-8 are March 14-17, 20, 22.
If you are interested in learning more about the PARCC assessments you can visit:
• Illinois State Board of Education PARCC Primer for Parents
• PARCC for Parents Website
Elizabeth Freeman, Ed.D.