Parent Outreach Workshop
Inner and Outer Peace
How to use Mindfulness for Yourself and Your Children
Please register for the event.
6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, Fremont Intermediate School Wildcat Cave
5:45 to 6:30 p.m. Enjoy dinner beforehand from the PTO - Baked Mostaccioli, salad, garlic bread, dessert
- Children - $4 per child, $5 at the door
- Adults - $8 per person, $10 at the door
Child Care provided; Disney movie, Finding Nemo shown (Children are invited to watch a movie while parents attend the presentation.)
FSD79 Parent Outreach Group welcomes Amy Roth, licensed clinical social worker, who will present on:
- Using Mindfulness to lessen stress
- Applying Mindfulness strategies to family life
Questions? Please email Deb Steagall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join Amanda Leppert, psychologist, and Liz Weldon, social worker, as they discuss the book, How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk.
This bestselling book will give you the know how you need to be more effective with your children and more supportive of yourself
The authors' methods of communication offer innovative ways to solve common problems.
The book will open up discussions on how to:
- Cope with your child’s negative feelings.
- Express your anger without being hurtful.
- Engage your child’s willing cooperation.
- Set firm limits and still maintain goodwill.
- Use alternatives to punishment.
- Resolve family conflicts peacefully.
Location: Fremont Elementary School, Room 3014
Dates: 9/29, 10/13, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15
Time: 9 to 10:30 a.m.
This opportunity is offered free of charge. Books will be provided.
Registration is required. To register, please email Mrs. Weldon at email@example.com.