Kindergarten Registration 2022-2023
In an effort to best meet the needs of our incoming kindergarten students, the FSD79 Board of Education approved the following changes to the kindergarten program for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Reduction in the full-day kindergarten annual tuition rate from $3,500 to $2,334. (Families who qualify for financial assistance have an option for reduced or waived full-day tuition).
- Addition of a kindergarten teacher to support the increased full-day enrollment.
We know the pandemic has impacted all students, and our youngest learners are no exception. By providing tuition relief, we hope more students are able to enroll in our full-day program and benefit academically, socially, and emotionally. Additionally, it is important that we provide this relief in a financially responsible manner. These changes are possible due to favorable cost management by the District, as well as the availability of federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds.
It is the ultimate goal of the Board and administration to develop a plan to provide a tuition-free full-day kindergarten option for all students. Therefore, the administration has been charged with developing a tuition phase-out plan for Board review this winter. We will keep you informed of our progress.
What do kindergarten families need to do?
- Families who believe that they may qualify for financial assistance and desire to shift from half-day kindergarten to full-day kindergarten will need to fill out a form that can be accessed here. Forms are to be completed and returned to the District Office by Wednesday, August 3.
- Families who desire to shift from half-day kindergarten to full-day kindergarten due to the reduced tuition rate may contact the District registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 3.
- If your child is currently not registered for kindergarten at Fremont School District 79, contact the District registrar at email@example.com to request the online registration link.
- Families who have already registered for full-day kindergarten do not need to take any action. The reduced rate will be reflected in the student TeacherEase account. Payment due dates have not changed. Additionally, parents will receive a mailed letter with the new tuition rate details. If you would like additional information regarding the new monthly payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consistent with past practice, if any additional demand for full-day kindergarten exceeds the supply of available seats necessary, a lottery will be held after August 3 to determine who will be placed in the full-day program. Kindergarten parents can expect to receive their teacher assignments by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 9.
If you have any further questions, please contact Stefan Ladenburger (email@example.com), Elementary School principal, or Cathy Park (firstname.lastname@example.org), Elementary School associate principal. Thank you for your partnership as we work together to best serve our students and plan for a successful school year.
FAQ on Full-Day
Q: What are the hours for full-day, A.M. and P.M. kindergarten?
A: The school hours for kindergarten are as follows: Full-day kindergarten is 8:55 a.m.-3:38 p.m.; A.M. kindergarten is 8:55-11:45 a.m.; and P.M. kindergarten is 12:45-3:38 p.m.
Q: How do students enroll in full-day kindergarten?
A: Parents may enroll their children into full-day kindergarten by going through the kindergarten registration process. Parents can learn more about kindergarten registration during the kindergarten registration night, which typically occurs in February.
Q: If parents have questions about full-day kindergarten, who can they contact?
A: Please contact Stefan Ladenburger, K-5 principal, at email@example.com or call him at 847-388-3700.