Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021
Kindergarten Registration is underway for the 2020-21 school year. Please contact Christie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-837-0437 ext. 2007 with any questions.
Please email email@example.com to receive the kindergarten registration online link and begin the registration process.
Join us on February 4 for Kindergarten Registration Night from 4-7 p.m. at the Elementary School. There will be an informational meeting at 6 p.m. This is an opportunity to submit your required registration documentation. Please see this flyer for more information.
The deadline to be included in a potential lottery for your preferred kindergarten program (full-day tuition-based kindergarten, AM kindergarten, PM kindergarten) is 4 p.m. on February 7. The kindergarten online registration must be completed, your child's original birth certificate must be submitted and two forms of proof of residency must be submitted no later than February 7. See below for more information regarding the required documents.
- Original birth certificate with seal to verify that the child is 5-years-old on or before September 1. The district will make a copy of the certificate and return the original to the parent. (DUE ASAP)
- Property tax bill, mortgage statement, or rental lease agreement. (DUE ASAP)
- Driver’s license with a custodial parent's current address or a current utility bill (excluding cell phone bill) showing a current address. If families have just moved in, the district can collect this information 30 days after closing on a property. (DUE ASAP)
- Proof of current physical/immunizations, dental exam, and an eye exam. For more information, please click on the Health Services tab to the left. (DUE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL)
- Acceptable Use Policy. (DUE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL)
- Emergency Card/Student Health Information Form. This form indicates any health concerns regarding a student. It will be kept with the school nurse and must be completed and signed. (DUE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL)
- Home Language Form. Please complete and sign this form only if the child lives in a home where another language other than English is spoken and/or if the child speaks another language other than English. (DUE ASAP)
- If children reside with another family within the Fremont School District 79 boundaries, both families will need to come in with proof of identification. The host family must provide two forms of proof of residency (listed above). A multiple family disclosure form will need to be completed which is provided by the district. (DUE ASAP)
FAQ on Full-Day
Q: Why does Fremont School District 79 charge for full-day kindergarten?
A: Fremont School District 79 is required to offer a half-day kindergarten program. The district designed a tuition-based, full-day kindergarten program based on parent requests for a full day option. The district charges tuition for the program in order to maintain a balanced budget. The FSD79 Board of Education and its constituents values fiscal responsibility. Launching a full-day kindergarten program without tuition would cost the district approximately $350,000. With Illinois’ current financial status and the state charter school that diverts 87 percent of the district's state funding to that site, FSD79 would be deficit spending over its current budget if it extended the kindergarten day without a tuition component. FSD79 continues to seek alternative funding to support its programs.
Q: How do students enroll in full-day kindergarten?
A: Parents may enroll their children into full-day kindergarten by going through the kindergarten registration process. Parents can learn more about kindergarten registration during the kindergarten registration night, which typically occurs in February.
Q: If parents have questions about full-day kindergarten, who can they contact?
A: Please contact Stefan Ladenburger, K-5 principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 847-388-3700.