Fremont School District 79 Today
- We educate about 2,170 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- We serve students from a 34 square mile area from the communities of Mundelein, Wauconda, Hawthorn Woods, Grayslake, Round Lake, Long Grove and Libertyville.
- Of Fremont students who graduate from Mundelein High School, 96 percent go on to continue their education at a 2-year or 4-year college.
Our Teachers and Staff
- There are 156 full and part-time teachers.
- Of that number, 80 percent of teachers hold a master's degree or higher.
- Teachers have an average experience of 12 years teaching.
- Fremont employs 272 teachers and support staff that help educate its students.
Achievements and Performances for 2016-2017
- INSPRA Award of Excellence to Dr. Jill Gildea and Margaret Van Duch for video on Media Center of Tomorrow.
- INSPRA Award of Excellence to Margaret Van Duch for Service Partnership Booklet.
- Fremont was selected as a national site visit by AASA for its Active Learning EcoSystem
- D79 board President Jason Bonds was recognized for the IASB LeaderShop Academy award.
- Dr. Elizabeth Freeman is named one of 20 aspiring women leaders.
- Fremont achieved the prestigious Meritorious Budget Award for four consecutive years.
- F79 received a Aa1 bond rating from Standard & Poors.
- Fremont Elementary and Fremont Intermediate earn top 10 Attendance award from Lake County.
- The district has earned the highest financial distinction from the State of Illinois with the Financial Recognition Award, which the district has received every year since the state started the program in 2003.
Past Achievements and Performances
- Fremont is one of 10 districts selected from across the Unites States for an outstanding Ed-Tech Pilot program.
- Fremont's Preschool for All program achieved the Gold Circle of Quality rating, the highest rating form the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Superintendent Jill Gildea received her National Superintendent Certification form AASA.
- Drs. Jill Gildea, Elizabeth Freeman and Margaret Van Duch won the prestigious Golden Achievement award for achieving excellence in best practices demonstrated in a public relations plan for Common Core Communications. The trio received the award from the Illinois National School Public Relations.
- Fremont was featured a District of Distinction by District Administration magazine.
- Fremont is one of 45 school districts nationally recognized for creating a Future Ready Action Plan.
The mission of Fremont School District 79 is to provide a quality education that prepares today’s child for tomorrow’s world.
Fremont School District 79 will serve its community by providing an exemplary education focused on whole-child development, collaboration and fiscal responsibility.
We believe :
Education is a priority and requires the collaborative participation of parents, students, school personnel, and the community.
Education will provide a challenging learning environment that encourages students to reach their full potential.
Education will encompass the social, emotional, academic, and physical needs of the child in a safe and nurturing environment.
Education shall embrace the values of trustworthiness, respect, caring, responsibility, fairness, and citizenship in a culturally diverse society.