Innovative Learning, Teaching, and Technologies
The Office of Innovative Learning, Teaching, and Technologies coordinates a number of district-wide programs including professional development for staff, testing and assessment, data analysis, curriculum development and alignment, textbook review and adoption, grant monitoring, and the new teacher mentoring program. To find out more information about some of these areas, please click on the links to the left or contact the Innovative Learning, Teaching and Technologies office.
Fremont students in grades 3-8 will be participating in the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment in the Spring. The PARCC assessment is the required assessment for the State of Illinois.
You can help your child do his/her best on the test by:
• Making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on the days of testing;
• Making sure your child gets a good night's sleep the night before testing;
• Providing breakfast on the mornings of testing;
• Letting your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability;
• Advising your child not to worry about the test and to do the best that he/she can.
The PARCC assessment is fully aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for English language arts and math. All Fremont students will be taking the online version of PARCC. Testing dates for grades 3-8 will be announced in early Spring.
If you are interested in learning more about the PARCC assessments you can visit:
• Illinois State Board of Education PARCC Primer for Parents
• PARCC for Parents WebsiteWe will be reviewing and sharing the PARCC assessment results with you every Fall. The PARCC assessment is part of our comprehensive district assessment system. All district and classroom assessments provide valuable information about how to better support students and help the district identify areas for improvement. We appreciate being partners in the education of your child.
Elizabeth Freeman, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent of Innovative Learning, Teaching, and TechnologiesDiane Dzik
Administrative Assistant28855 N. Fremont Center RoadMundelein, IL 60060847-566-0169 Ext. 3141Technology Singlepath PartnersLead Technology Support Specialist
Sergio GonzalezTechnology Support SpecialistTechnology Support Specialist