Welcome to First Grade
Absence and Transportation Notes:
If your child has a change in transportation for dismissal, please send in a note, call the main office, or send an email. Please send your email to Kathy Calhoun (firstname.lastname@example.org) as it is important for her to know of any transportation change. Kathy will alert your child's teacher to the change at the end of day.
Take Home Folders:
Please remember to check your child's Take Home Folder for homework and other important information.
Please remember to send a healthy snack with your child to school each day.
Please label all of your child’s belongings such as shoes, jackets, hats, etc... There are many other students with the same clothing and it can easily get mixed up.
If you would like to acknowledge your child's birthday in school, we ask that you make the choice to celebrate in a healthy way that does not involve sweet treats.
The birthday student may...
- choose a game to play in class (i.e.: Heads Up Seven Up)
- bring in his/her favorite book to share with the class
- donate a book to the classroom
- bring in a wrapped gift to share with the class (a game, activity, puzzle). It can either be donated to the classroom or it can go home with your child.
- bring in a class set of pencils, gel pens, magnets, deck of cards, stickers, play dough, etc... (dollar store)
- bring in his/her favorite CD or song to share with the class. (Please let us know if you have a terrific idea that we can add to the list!)
If your child had a birthday over the summer and would like to choose one of the above options, please let your child's teacher know. You may choose the 1/2 birthday date or wait until closer to the end of the school year.)
According to our school handbook, birthday invitations are NOT allowed to be passed out at school or on the bus. Also, teachers are not allowed to give out the contact information of other parents. PTO Buzz books are available for purchase.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.