Parent Outreach Workshop
Internet - What Do We Need to Know About It?
Please register for the event.
6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, Fremont Intermediate School
6 p.m. Enjoy dinner beforehand from the GRIL, Sandwiches with a Purpose
- Child's box - $4.95 per person and includes sandwich, chips, juice box
- Adult's box - $7.95 per person and includes sandwich, pickle, chips
Child Care provided; Disney movie, MOANA shown (Children are invited to watch a movie while parents attend the presentation.)
FSD79 Parent Outreach Group welcomes Carol Gudbrandsen, a cyber crimes analyst, who will present on:
- How to keep your student safe on the internet, safe from child predators, traps you need to be aware of to protect your child.
- Can your child be a victim or an offender? Steps to take to prevent it from happening.
- What apps should I watch for? Does my child have child pornography on their cell phone? Can your child be breaking the law without knowing it? How widespread is it? Talks you should have with your child.
- Tools to Monitor your Child.
Questions? Please email Deb Steagall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join Amanda Leppert, psychologist, and Liz Weldon, social worker, as they discuss the book, How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk.
This bestselling book will give you the know how you need to be more effective with your children and more supportive of yourself
The authors' methods of communication offer innovative ways to solve common problems.
The book will open up discussions on how to:
- Cope with your child’s negative feelings.
- Express your anger without being hurtful.
- Engage your child’s willing cooperation.
- Set firm limits and still maintain goodwill.
- Use alternatives to punishment.
- Resolve family conflicts peacefully.
Location: Fremont Elementary School, Room 3014
Dates: 9/29, 10/13, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15
Time: 9 to 10:30 a.m.
This opportunity is offered free of charge. Books will be provided.
Registration is required. To register, please email Mrs. Weldon at email@example.com.