8th Grade Graduation
Tuesday, June 1, 2021 • 6:30 p.m.*
Mundelein High School Football Stadium
* Rain Date: Wednesday, June 2
- Tuesday, June 1st, is the last regular school day for 8th graders.
- Graduates must report to MHS by 6:10 p.m.
- Graduates and guests will be required to wear face masks during the entire ceremony.
- Graduates’ chairs will be 3 feet apart in rows on the field with 6 feet between each row.
- Each family will receive 3 wristbands which will serve as tickets for entrance to the Graduation/Promotion ceremony. Please understand that in order for us to hold an in-person ceremony, we must adhere to strict Covid regulations set by the venue. Therefore, there will be no additional tickets available to families for any reason. We are keeping a close watch on the CDC and IDPH guidelines in the event that changes need to be made to ensure the safety of all students and guests.
- Families will be seated in the bleachers, and capacity is based upon 6-foot social distancing guidelines between non-family member groups. To arrange for a wheelchair or other special seating needs, please contact Debbie Brennan at 847-566-9384, ext.1247, or via email at email@example.com.
- Parking will be very limited at MHS. We ask that all families arrive in one vehicle to ensure parking for all guests. Please plan to enter MHS at the main entrance off of Hawley Road. MHS security will provide parking directions upon arrival.
- During the promotion ceremony, each student will receive a diploma. The way students’ names are currently listed in Teacher Ease is how their names will appear on their diplomas and in the graduation program. If you need to request a change to your student’s printed name, email Debbie Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 16, 2021. No changes can be accepted after this date.
- For the ceremony, all students will be wearing green graduation gowns, which they will receive during graduation picture day on April 16th. They must bring the gown with them to the ceremony. Please hang it up when you receive it and use a light iron to press out any wrinkles.
- In addition to the gown, to honor the significance of the ceremony for all graduates, it is important for students to wear dress clothes and shoes that adhere to the district dress code.